We rebuild these engines in house using our extensive experience and a warranty is included as specified below
Full rebuild using Hartech upgraded short block. We strip the engine down to the short block, skim and pressure test the heads, then transfer all the heads and all parts onto the short block. The short block will be converted to a closed deck, aluminium alloy cylinders with Nikiski plating to all 6 cylinders and the latest bearing and additional cooling.
Extras that might be needed above
When removing any engine, due to age and corrosion, there will always been some parts that will need replacing during the strip down. It is not possible to give a full list as each strip down offers different challenges. We would recommend you set aside an additional £500 - £1000 for these parts. Many times the number of replacement parts is very little.
In this solution, the short block is sent to Hartech who will covert the block to a closed desk and insert aluminium alloy cylinders wiht Nikiski plating. The price includes this and the latest bearing. If during the strip down additional parts need to be replaced e.g. pistons etc, then there will be an additional charge. Example charges include
1. New crankshaft bearings £350+Vat
2. New chains and tensioners £305+Vat
3. New pistons - £340+vat each.
- We run the car in ourselves for a period close to 250 miles. This is included in the above price and as you can imagine is quite time consuming.
- You will then be able to take the car and run in for the next 1000 miles. At this point the car comes back to us for a further oil change to make sure everything is good.
- Then you are free to drive the car as you desire.
- We warrant the engine for a period of 24 months/12000 miles whichever is the sooner. In reality if something did happen even afterwards we would always be accommodating. It is not in our interests for a customer to be unhappy.
- The warranty is non-transferable and is with you, not the car e.g. if you sell the car, the warranty is gone and doesn't pass to the new customer - it is a personal warranty between 9e and you.
- Car must always be serviced by us during the warranty period.
- if during the warranty period 9e make any performance modifications the engine will still be covered. Any modifications outside of 9e will void the warranty immediately. We take a full copy of the DME prior to you receiving the car back.
- The warranty is in house and cannot be done or undertaken by any other garage. Please note that prices are correct at the time of the agreement. Porsche part prices are subject to change on a periodic basis. Please check with us at the time of agreement to undertake the work.