The new Shark Werks GT3 (GT3RS) Muffler Bypass System which has been designed, developed and tested on the Shark Werks 2007 997 GT3RS (ZKERMIT), dramatically improves the sound of any 997 GT3 or GT3RS, including the 2010+ MkII models and the GT3RS 4.0 (click here for video). From day one, we felt the single biggest let-down with the car was that it was just too docile and quiet. This is in large part due to the strict sound-level restrictions in Europe and hence the factory deemed fit to equip these cars with a total of three mufflers! With our Muffler Bypass System we believe we have addressed that and not only uncorked the beast that is the GT3 motor but also reduced a real 16 pounds off of the rear end in the process. This has been achieved without sacrificing the drivability or diminishing the aesthetics.
- Designed in-house and manufactured in Northern California
- Improved, more aggressive sporty sound (see videos below)
- Factory headers, catalysts side mufflers and valves retained
- Direct bolt-on replacing factory center muffler
- Compatible with either the stock or aftermarket tips
- Fits the 997 GT3 or GT3RS
- Use your “sport” button to divert routing to switch from flowing through the side mufflers to a direct “bypassed” flow
- Use the non-sport mode to allow flow through the side mufflers for minimal additional interior noise and highway or daily driving.
- Real 16 pound weight savings (stock muffler weighs 20 pounds total) from the rear of the car (6 pounds savings over 2010+ titanium center section)
- 18 gauge T304 tungsten inert gas welded stainless steel